Drafted, 21 July 2006, Revised May 2018
The name of the Association is the American Dermatoepidemiology Network (hereafter referred to as “ADEN”).
Subject to the matter set out below the Organization and its property shall be administered and managed in accordance with this constitution by the members of the Executive Committee constituted by the following five officers (past president, president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer).
ADEN is an organization aimed at promoting all aspects of Dermatoepidemiology through the scholarly exchange of information, education, and advocacy.
In furtherance of the objectives the Executive Committee may exercise the following powers by majority vote:
1. the power to raise and disperse funds;
2. the power to appoint and constitute advisory committees;
3. the power to do all such other lawful things as is necessary for the achievement of the ADEN mission.
1. The group will consist of persons electing to join ADEN who have a specific interest in the epidemiology of skin diseases. Members are encouraged to participate in the DERMATOEPIDEMIOLOGY LIST SERVE (currently maintained by Dr. Martin Weinstock at Brown University).
2. ADEN will be part of the International Dermato-Epidemiology Association (IDEA)- an umbrella organization of dermato-epidemiology groups across the world.
The members of ADEN shall meet annually to fill the open offices by majority vote. To provide continuity of leadership, it is expected that officers shall progress through the ranks of office starting with Treasurer and progressing to the offices of Secretary, Vice-President, and then President serving two year per office. Candidates for office must be ADEN members and may be nominated by the Executive committee members or self-nominated.
G. Steering committee
1. The Steering committee shall consist of members elected by the Executive Board to participate in email exchanges, teleconferences, and other forums to guide ADEN.
ADEN scientific meetings will be held annually and traditionally have been organized as part of the annual meeting of the Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) or as part of a meeting International Dermatoepidemiology Association (IDEA). All ADEN meetings shall be conducted in a smoke free environment.
1. The President or other officer shall conduct at least one general membership business meeting annually. If the President is absent from the meeting the most senior officer present (in order of Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer) shall run the meeting.
2. There shall be a quorum when at least 10 members are present.
3. Every matter shall be determined by a majority of votes of ADEN members present and voting on the question but in the case of equality of votes the Officer leading the meeting shall have a second deciding vote.
4. Minutes of meeting shall be kept by the Secretary.
5. Financial matters shall be managed by the Treasurer.
6. The president may appoint one or more sub-committees of ADEN members for the purpose of making any inquiry or supervising or performing any function of duty which, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, would be more conveniently undertaken or carried out by a sub-committee: provided that all acts and proceedings of any such sub-committees shall be fully and promptly reported to the Executive Committee.
I. Receipts and expenditure
The funds of the Organization, including all donations, contributions, and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the Officers in the name of the organization.
J. Alterations to the Constitution
Subject to the following provisions of this clause, the Constitution may be altered by a resolution passed by not less than two thirds of the members present and voting at the meeting. This constitution was adopted on the date mentioned above by the persons whose signatures appear at the bottom of this document.